For Such a Time as This
There is a big shake up taking place in this family right now, Chris has decided to take an opportunity out of state for a little while, a decision he feels best for our family and I, as his wife, fully support him on. Hunter and I will not be uprooting since this is only temporary and our roots are firmly planted here in sweet Louisiana, (being a southern girl, my loyalty just doesn't stray beyond the mason dixon), with that being said and all joking aside I have no doubt we will be facing what I consider a tremendous and perhaps rewarding (yes I am trying to be very hopeful and optimistic) moment in the story of our life. I have been reminded lately of how as a Christian our timing is not our own but God's. Sometimes things seem like a waiting game and then just as you get comfortable with where things are...bam, life turns a sharp corner. It is those critical times of uncertainty, yes those fabulous corners, that take place in our lives for the purpose of teaching us, molding us, and maturing us. I am learning moments like this are a time to rise to the occasion because these moments shape us and add such depth to our life stories. I have the privilege and tremendous blessing of being able to be a part of a small group made up of my best friends and right now we are slam in the middle of studying the book of Esther with the amazing and fabulous Beth Moore... and let me tell you it is no coincidence my friend. You see Esther is an often overlooked and neglected book primarily because it has often been considered more historical than anything else and because there is hardly mention of God on it's pages. His name is not technically found written on pages throughout the entire book, but let me tell you, it is certainly all over it. You see sometimes things require a closer look, perhaps a little digging to find out a deeper meaning, Esther no doubt is a very relevant book in the Bible about Providence and God's purpose being fulfilled in the lives of His people. A simple Jewish orphan through God's plans and timing won the heart of a pagan king and saved the lives of her people, a people that required existance to bring forth a Savior. Yes it is indeed providence I believe that brings us to pivotal moments in our lives. One of the most emphasized things from studying Esther has been in regards to timing. If we trust in God and are seeking His will then we are on his time, not our own, which brings me back to my initial point through all of this: IT IS NO COINCIDENCE I find myself standing with my family amidst the things taking place in our lives right now because I know He has brought me here. I am graciously at a point of acceptance and appreciation for God's timing. He has surrounded me with an amazing support system of friends and family and the comfort of his word, especially right now through the use of the book of Esther. Indeed indeed he has placed me right here "for such a time as this" and He will guide and I will follow.
"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future" Jeremiah 29:11
Great post, my dear! This will all work out. Keep your chin up! Jenny
ReplyDeleteThanks Jenn! We are so blessed to have such amazing and supportive friends and family. Love you!
ReplyDelete